Tuesday, June 4, 2013

[Shincheonji meaning of the gospels] "Who am I" Praise by Casting Crowns

Still You hear me when I'm calling Lord, You catch me when I'm falling....
 
But God demonstrates His own lobe toward us,
in that while we were yet sinners, christ died for us. [Romans 5:8]
 


"Who am I"

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name, Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way For my ever wandering heart
 
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done But because of who You're
 
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean A vapor in the wind
 
Still You hear me when I'm calling Lord,
You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me wh I am I am Yours,
I am Yours
 
Who Am I that the eyes that see my sin
would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain And calm the storm in me
 
 
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done But because of who You're
 
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean A vapor in the wind
 
Still You hear me when I'm calling Lord,
You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me wh I am I am Yours,
I am Yours
 
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done But because of who You're
 
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean A vapor in the wind
 
Still You hear me when I'm calling Lord,
You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me wh I am I am Yours,
I am Yours
 
I am Yours Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear 'Cause I am Yours,
I am Yours




"Who Am I" in the Bible?
 
 
There are many believers in the world who walk a life of faith. Most think that they will be saved if they believe in God and Jesus without knowing the promise of God, or who they are in the Bible. Let’s find out what God has promised us today and who I am in the Bible.  

1. The Physical Israel
God made a promise with Abraham in Genesis 15, and if we look in Genesis 17, it was an eternal promise which should have been believed in and kept by his descendents. The promise was that after suffering for 400 years in foreign land, the descendents of Abraham would bring abundant wealth out of Egypt and conquer and rule over the land of Canaan. As the time came, God brought out the people from Egypt through Moses as he promised (Ex 12), and God made a promise with the people again, that  “if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation” (Ex 19:5-6).


These people were ones who multiplied greatly and lived as slaves to Pharoah, the king of Egypt (Satan) (Ex 1, 3, 5). It was to the slaves God said that if they kept the promise they would be for Him a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. What was the covenant? It was that they would be God’s kingdom and priests, made righteous through faith, the people of the covenant what would be promised to live ruling over Canaan after multiplying greatly and coming out from Egypt.

However, just before entering into the land of Canaan, they did not believe and broke the covenant with God. God made them wander around for 40 years and left them to die in the desert (Nm 14:32-35, Heb 3). Afterwards, Joshua and the descendants conquered the land of Canaan (Jo 1) and made a covenant for the people at Shechem (Jo 24), stating that they would believe and serve God eternally. Therefore, they were the nation of promise, and by keeping the promise they would be made God’s kingdom and priests.

People will think how those who were enslaved under the devil’s king (pharaoh) could become God’s kingdom and sacred nation. However, God regarded faith in His covenant as righteousness (Rom 4:1-3, 5:1, 10:10) and that he will make those who believe God’s kingdom and priests.

2. The New Spiritual Israel
Among today’s Christians, there is no one that knows who they are within the Bible. They live believing that just faith in God and Jesus will bring salvation and lead them to heaven. It is said in the New Testament that by believing in the covenant recorded they become the promised nation and the kingdom and priests (Rv 1:5-6, 5:9-10). What is this covenant?       
 
At the time of the Second Coming, wheat from the field the seeds which Jesus and his disciples had sown 2000 years ago, will be harvested (Mt 13:30, 38-39) and taken to Mount Zion. On Mount Zion, one must be sealed with the word of revelation (the new song) (Rev 14:1-5), as the 12 tribes of the sealed 144,000 (Rv 7:3-4) become the kingdom and priests of God who were purchased with the blood of Jesus (Rv 1:5-6, 5:9-10). This is the promised nation and kingdom of the New Testament. This is not physical Israel, born of the seed of Abraham. It is the family of new Israel, the 12 tribes, born of God’s seed. God creates those with faith in the new testament into His nation and His kingdom and priests as he promised.

3. I, found in the Bible
If anyone asks who you are in the New Testament, you should be able to say confidently “I am God’s sealed kingdom and priests, the 12 tribes, harvested to Mount Zion.” Everything that has been fulfilled in Shincheonji (Rv 21) through the Bible today is what God has promised us in the New Testament and what God has told us to believe. By believing in this, we have obtained righteousness and have become God’s kingdom and priests. The promised words of New Testament that said “The sealed 12 tribes are God’s kingdom and priests” is what testifies us, who have  appeared in accordance to these words. We are the reality fulfilled according to the promised words of the New Testament.

We completely believe in everything that has happened to us today according to God and His promise.

1 comment: