Monday, March 11, 2013

The Bible says Love = Obey : Learn how at Shinchonji

“Love it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design, an alignment, a cry
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be”
How do you show your mother you love her?
How do your show your boy/girlfriend that you love him/her?
How do you show your friends that you love them?
or your siblings… how do they know you love them?
For each individual, the way in which you show them true love differs. Both because of your relationship status with them, and their relation to you. My mother loves to receive gifts, for example, this makes her feel loved, BUT when I was a very young child I decided to give my mother the great gift of service! I helped to bake!!!
The kitchen looked somewhat like a war zone after I was complete, and the cake caved in anyway… but, like any good parent, my mother taught me how i made mistakes and helped my tidy up, encouraging me to try again. I didn’t try again for ages. But lets say that I did, I tried everyday, and everyday I left a huge mess in the kitchen but it was okay with me, because I knew my mom loved gifts, and so I was trying to make her happy.
Even though I was trying, with the best little intentions ever, my “gift” didn’t really make my mother over joyed. Actually had I continued to try over and over again, making a massive mess, even now as an adult, I know that my mother would have told me in no uncertain terms that I should rather stop…
Maybe you think that is just cruel. But the truth is that I would have been the one at fault. I would have been baking, and messing with only my own self-satisfaction in mind. To me I would feel satisfied when I know I am making my mother feel loved… but I would have been doing it MY way… the way that is fun, suited me, and was reasonably easy for me.
Had I been considering my mother at all, I would have found a gift that I knew she loved, and given it to her with HER feelings in mind. YOu have to know someone to truly show them that you love them. Sacrifice.
Sacrifice is only real, when it hurts a little to give something up, or when we are forced to step outside of our comfort zones, or do something perhaps we don’t know how to do. Think of when you buy birthday gifts. You need to think hard about what the birthday girl or guy would like to receive… do you not?
Well, do you know what it is that God would like to receive? Christianity is not about loving God for our own warm and fuzzy feelings.
Love the Lord your God… what does this really mean? How can we really achieve this? I know that we all feel love towards God, it isn’t difficult for us to feel like we love him, but how would we prove to him that our love for him is different from the generations before us who all said that they loved him over and over again, yet betrayed him and turned away from his covenants generation after generation.
What is our covenant today? Heb 8:10 states the covenant for those after came after the death of Jesus Christ very clearly. Our covenant is to know God’s word, have them engraved on our hearts, and have them sealed in our minds.
To know these words is one thing, even Satan knows the word of God – he used the scripture to temp Jesus… and he uses it today to cause many to stumble – the proof that we know and understand God’s word is in how we live according to it. We should be those who do what the word says, we need to obey the word of God (James 1:22).
Jn 14:15 and Jn 14:23 actually explains God’s definition of true love… To love God. We need to obey him! Through our obedience he can see our hearts. Just like a good tree bears good fruit (Mt 12:33), when our lives testify love, blessings and forgiveness to all people, we know that our hearts are following God.
Loving God entails far more than our small little human concept of love. We have to love him by HIS standard of love… do you know him well enough to make him truly happy with your love? and will he entrust those who do not love him…?
1John 4:8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 Thes 2:4 On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts.
1 Cor 4:1 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God.
Mt 5: 43-48 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Will see a reminder of the meaning of true love again. God's greatest teachings, the shepherds truly convey the love of God. Shepherd seems to

    ReplyDelete